Pickleball and Racquet Oasis, LLC (PRO Sports)
The undersigned (“I” or “me”), in consideration for being allowed to participate in any Event, agree as follows:
1. Assumption of Risk. I understand that tennis and pickleball, by their very nature, carries with it certain dangers and risks that cannot be eliminated, regardless of the care taken to prevent or minimize harm. These risks range from minor injuries (such as cuts, bruises, muscle strains and sprains) to major injuries (such as broken bones or concussions) to catastrophic injuries (such as heart attacks and other injuries that may cause permanent damage or even death). I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the Events and understand the risks involved. I hereby assume full responsibility for all risks arising out of, related to or connected with my participation in the Events.
2. Infections Disease Risk. The risk to have direct or indirect contact with individuals who have been exposed to and/or diagnosed with one or more communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19 or other medical conditions, diseases, or maladies, and/or any mutation or variation thereof does exist and it is impossible to eliminate the risk that I could become infected through contact with or close proximity to an individual with a communicable disease. If I am to contract an infectious disease I will immediately stop play and follow all guidelines as outlined by the State of New Mexico. I will not resume any participation in any Event until I have been cleared for, and deemed safe for, continued play by my medical physician
3. Release. Acceptance of my entry and participation in the Events is without assumption or responsibility of any kind by PRO Sports and the Club for any Event in which I may be entered or may participate. In consideration of acceptance of my entry and participation in the Events, I do hereby for and on behalf of myself and my heirs and legal representatives, release, waive and forever discharge the PRO Sports, the Club and their respective officers, directors, committees, employees, volunteers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Persons”), of and from any and all loss, liability, claims and damages, of any kind or nature whatsoever (“Claims”), including, but not limited to, Claims for bodily injury, death or loss of personal property, whether caused by the negligence of the Released Persons or otherwise, arising out of, related to, or connected with my participation in the Events, including any travel to and from the Events. I further agree not to sue or bring any legal action or assert any Claim against the Released Persons arising out of or relating to my participation in the Events.
4. Medical Consent. I understand and acknowledge that it is my responsibility (in consultation with my physician if necessary) to determine whether any medical conditions exist which may pose a threat to the health or safety of myself or others while participating in the Events. I hereby consent to the rendering of emergency first aid and other medical procedures that at the time of injury or illness seem reasonably advisable and release all Released Persons from any and all Claims on account of any such first aid or medical procedures rendered. I further understand that I will be responsible for payment for any such medical procedures.
5. Rules and Regulations. I hereby agree to abide by all applicable rules and regulations and codes of PRO Sports and the Events, as the same as may be adopted by PRO Sports. If applicable, I hereby consent to be tested for drugs pursuant to the provisions applicable to the Events.
6. Binding Effect. This Release shall be binding upon the parties hereto and their heirs, administrators, representatives, executors, successors and assigns. This Release shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Mexico.
7. Parental Consent. If the participant is under 18 years of age, my parents or legal guardian, by signing below, hereby agree to this Release on their own behalf and on behalf of the participant. By signing below, I certify that I have read, understand and agree to the terms of this Release.